Thursday, May 12, 2005

Pat Buchanan: Dumb or pro-Nazi?

By way of Atrios (scroll to Perhaps a touching duet...), you gots ta read this. Did he get up this morning, look himself in the mirror, and ask, "What can I say that will get my name in the news, while making me look like a complete ass? I know! Blame WW2 on France and Britain! Attack Churchill for standing up to Hitler! Say that WW2 wasn't worth it! Stupid and offensive! It is so good to be me."

Update!

Joe Conason explains why Yalta was the right decision, and Stalin is the one who went against the accord by not allowing the free and fair elections of the eastern European nations. Of course, Stalin is widely attributed with the quote, "Those who cast the votes decide nothing; those who count the votes decide everything."

BTW read the comments for more on the merits of Buchanan's commentary.

by Robster @ 5/12/2005 06:36:00 PM PERMALink
|