Friday, May 13, 2005

Friday the 13th!

I love Friday the 13ths. I was born on one. Never been an unlucky day for me. So why do people get stupid about something that happens a couple times a year? Well, for one, they stupid. For another, its one of those things that has been part of culture for a very long time. Egypt, China, and the Norse all have history with the number 13. Not to mention the whole Judas was the 13 at the last supper. In the end, it is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Do you worry about something bad happening today? I bet it does then. At least you are primed to notice it...

Update!

Well, 13 minutes to go. har har har. Day has gone rather well. No anvils, no horrible news. My wife isn't feeling well, so no midnight movie with Godzilla and Mothra, but she wasn't feeling well yesterday, so that shouldn't count as a hit. I got a very nice (and practically new) router at a yard sale for about 1/7th of the store price. Got to enjoy a very nice single barrel rum. Mmmm. And not some Delay supporting Bacardi, either. I guess Friday the 13th didn't get me this year either.

by Robster @ 5/13/2005 09:32:00 AM PERMALink
|