Monday, May 02, 2005

anti-choice hypocrisy

As a man, I believe in reproductive rights. Lacking a uterus, I don't think its my place to dictate to anyone with one what they should do with theirs. This does not make me pro-abortion. I, like so many other democrats want abortion to be legal and rare. Therefore, we should pick programs that decrease unwanted pregnancies, and drop programs that are documented to increase unwanted pregnancies such as abstinence only education.

That being said, one of the questions I hear asked of anti-choice activists is what they would do if their teenage daughter got pregnant. They always have one of two responses.
  1. My daughter has been taught better
  2. That is none of your business
The reality, by way of Pandagon.net, is much more telling.

by Robster @ 5/02/2005 09:24:00 AM PERMALink
|