Saturday, April 30, 2005

Wonkabout

Thanks for visiting Wonkabout. I am a scientist/wannabe wonk. I call myself Robster because I'm not cool enough to be an Atrios, or a Kos, but love camp in all its forms. My goal for this blog is an opportunity to vent regarding politics, science, pseudoscience, and put up pictures of our cats. Not necessarily in that order. I am a fairly liberal person, a blue in a purple city, in the red state of Kentucky. First, yes I wear shoes. Two, yes, bourbon was invented by a Baptist preacher. Three, there is no Three.

I am a deist Christian, meaning that I don't believe in miracles, don't go in for superstition, and follow the philosophy of Jesus that we should be nice to people for a change. At the same time, I follow the principle that the basis of just about every religion is that we should be nice to each other and respect each other. I feel nothing but respect for my friends of Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Wiccan, and Jewish persuasions. I can't leave out the Atheists and Agnostics, who are guided by principles just as strong and honorable as any of those held by the religious left. I do not have much respect for the religious right, which seems to be driven by superstition and selfish pride. I have met few who can explain their views, and even fewer who can be convinced that I might have a point. In all fairness, I rarely admit that they have a point, but that's because I am right. heh.

I am a skeptic. I don't believe in superstition, the supernatural, magnets, bigfoot, horoscopes, angels, demons, or Nessie.

I love Scotland, Australia, Japan, Jazz, Blues, Scifi channel, Star Wars, dark beer, martinis, grillin (charcoal only), and inline skating. I hope to share these loves with you when I am not writing about politics.

Have a good'n!

by Robster @ 4/30/2005 01:41:00 PM PERMALink
|