Saturday, April 30, 2005

One other love

I forgot one other love. The one reason I am writing. America. I love this country and believe in the experiment of Democracy. But it's not the love of a middle schooler, who gets mad at the slightest criticism of his girlfriend. I love the US maturely. I want this country to be better tomorrow than it is today. That won't happen unless we openly admit our problems and mistakes and move to make things better. This is the root of Liberalism and the ideal of the Progressive. My Country, right or wrong? Yes, but lets admit when it's wrong and do what we can to make it right.

Therefore, I don't love Bush, Cheney, fundies, freepers, or dittoheads. But I do love America.

I suppose it seemed so obvious that I didn't need to mention it. But I don't want to let the scoundrel, I mean patriot to misunderstand me.

by Robster @ 4/30/2005 02:33:00 PM PERMALink
|